Learn How to Start A Cell Phone Repair Business
Cellphones have become a part of life for most of the people. You find every second person using one. Considering the number of people that use cellphones, at some point the users also require to repair or service their handset. With so many users there is certainly a huge potential and scope in setting up a business of cellphone repairs. There are many guys all over the world, who started from scratch and today they have become big and are literally millionaires!
So, if you are a starter in cell phone repairs, you should know to run your startup successfully. Some of the basic requirements for setting up your very own cell phone repair business are listed below which help you out in a better way.
The below 6 points will help you in setting up a successful cell phone repair business
1. Learning Mobile Phone Repairs: The most sensible thing in any business is that you yourself are able to handle it. So it is advisable that you take a short course in cell phone repairs which hardly takes a month or two. This will educate you with both the hardware as well as software fixing techniques. This education is also necessary because even if you have a hired technician for the job, he cannot take you for a ride because you yourself are well versed with the job. You can also join a self-study online cell phone repair course at Prizm institute for the training which is one of the finest training schools around. You can also join various mobile phone repair forums like www.gsmhosting.com and www.gsmindia.in to gain precious knowledge about cell phone repairs.
2. Acquiring Tools: Any type of technical work surely requires basic tools and also specialized ones. So it is advised that you should be equipped with the tools once you start a repair service center. The list of required tools is given in our posting titled tools required for cell phone repairs or once you take up a course in repair training you will be thoroughly informed of all the tools and their uses. You can also buy tools from any hardware store or over the internet from websites like ipmart.com or ucables.com.
3. A Computer: While in the business you will need a computer. All software problems are required to be rectified after connecting the cell phone to a computer. You need not buy the latest model, even an older model with less speed will suffice.
4. Choosing Location: To set up a cell phone repair shop, choose a proper location either in a residential area or a commercial zone. A residential area is much more emphasized on because if your work is clean and good then you are bound to win your client’s family and friends into your customer base. A good service will always be rewarded with an ever growing customers list.
5. Ambience: Once you start the business always keep your place of work (reception as well as the workshop) neat and tidy because a messy and cluttered workshop always sends a wrong signal to your client about how you do the job. Remember you will be handling expensive handsets and smartphones, and nobody wants his gadget repaired at a place that does not look good and clean.
6. Advertising: Use modes of advertising which are more result oriented in your country. The common methods of publicity are distribution of hand bills, newspaper ads, hoardings, banners, etc. In the age of internet and social marketing, it will be a blunder, if you ignore it. Advertise your business through online ads website like craigslist.org. Add a local business listing in google and also publicize your business on facebook, twitter, google plus and other social websites. Do not ignore sites like Yelp, Foursquare, Angies List, etc.
In addition to the above requirements, you may also need technicians. You should also search for spare part suppliers who can supply you the required spare parts and accessories in short time.
You can offer the below 6 services in your cell phone store:
- Sale of accessories
- Recharges (for prepaid phones) and sale of SIM cards
- Buying and selling of used cell phones/Refurbishing
- Selling new phones
Note: It is not necessary to offer all the above 6 services. It is up to you and the trend in your location to provide the services that are in demand and feasible.