Can you imagine that you are running an application or you may be in the middle of doing some work on your smartphone, and all of a sudden, it freezes and no matter how hard you try to get it to work again and the handset stubbornly does not relent. Well then in this peculiar situation it is but natural that you will be frustrated, but do not panic, we are here to get you out of this sticky situation. Just abide by the tips given below and you are back to where you had started from.
Symptoms For Phone Freezing:
Hanging or freezing of an iPhone is not uncommon and it is not you alone to face it. The most common signs are,
- A program or a game you were currently running does not respond, no matter how hard you try.
- The display screen or the touch screen freezes and is unresponsive.
- The screen goes blank all of a sudden as if the phone is switched off.
Remedy And Repair Procedure For iPhone Freezing: A few actions by yourself will get you to start working on your device again.
- Long press the home button on your iPhone i.e to say keep it pressed for about 5-6 seconds, to switch it off. If not then
- Simultaneously or together press the home as well as the power on/off button (power switch) on the top right side of the phone which will switch off your handset. After a while restart your device by merely pressing the power switch. After the device in on confirm yourself to see if there is any application at startup that is consuming a substantial memory due to which the phone must have freezed, if so uninstall that app and get back to working on your phone again.
- You can hard-reset the device, if the problem is severe and not yet fixed. Also update your iPhone through itunes.
Note: Sometimes this fault is severe and may be more complicated. This may be related to hardware. You can do basic servicing and cleaning of the motherboard if you know how to do it. The procedure for repairing freezing and hanging related problem will be the same for all apple iphones including 3gs, 4, 4s, 5, 5s and 5c.