The time we used mobile phones for mere calls and texts is long gone! Today our smartphones are our one-stop solution when it comes to staying connected with family, friends and work, interacting on social-media, web-surfing; basically all things in life as well. But our superhero; the smartphone has its very own drawback in the form of the ever so annoying weak signal strength. Having all that power in the palm of your hand but of no use, there can be nothing more frustrating! So, we’ve compiled a bunch of measures you can take to make sure you get the strongest signals possible for your phone
- Minimize Blockages
The signal tower of your service provider and your mobile phone need to be unobstructed. Hence, anything from buildings to walls or hills can be an obstruction and will lead to low signal strength. All you need to do is, find a clear space such as near a window, door or on the upper floors of a building. All these attempts even moving a couple of feet will improve network reception.
- Do Not Cover The Mobile Phone’s Antenna
Mobile phones nowadays have antennae that are built in. Hence, covering the handset with your hand or a thick mobile casing will cause your signal strength to go down. We recommend that you hold your phone in an upright position or if you’re holding it in a horizontal position; be sure to leave the antenna unblocked.
- Identify Your Nearest Signal Tower
It helps tremendously if you locate yourself the nearest tower of your service provider. You can do so by using a plethora of apps available. Having the signal tower near will give you the strongest reception.
- Keep Your Mobile Phone Charged
To get a strong network connection, you need a constant supply of power. A low battery will inevitably lead to a weak reception. Since the present smartphones are designed to constantly run several features and applications in the background it causes power drain.
In order to optimize battery consumption for strongest possible network strength; you can take the following steps:
- Reduce screen brightness
- Turn-off push notifications
- Turn-off hardware options such as bluetooth, etc if they are not required.
- End processes of any unnecessary applications that may be running in the background.(The list goes on, only four have been added as a sample)These are some reasons listed by us and if you have more suggestions about how to increase those signal bars, do let us know in the comment section below.